Work Status: Must be allowed to work legally in the U.S.
Location: Fairfax, VA at Fair Lakes
TTW Solutions is looking for a Java UI Developer to join our dynamic team of qualified, diverse individuals to support one of our federal government clients. The qualified candidate is responsible for assisting in a technology refresh of an existing web based system using the latest, state-of-the-art technologies and framework.
- Perform software development and unit testing tasks in support of the development and sustainment of a large web-based application.
- Primary responsibilities will be to analyze, develop, code and unit test, document procedures, and write analysis / design documents as necessary.
- Work closely with the multiple teams to include: requirements, testing, and operations.
- The software engineer designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Work with a team of software professionals to develop new functionality and correct software defects.
- Follow detailed lifecycle processes, utilizing best practices for configuration control and development practices.
- The candidate must minimally possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar field and have had current, hands-on information technology experience as described.
- 3-9 years of hands-on experience in development using the following tools and technologies.
- Experience supporting development activities for enterprise web applications in an Agile environment
- Experience and working knowledge of J2EE technologies across all application tiers
- Experience with service-tier development using Spring, Hibernate JPA, and Web Services
- Experience with presentation-tier development using Spring MVC, Apache Tiles, and Java Server Pages (JSPs)
- Experience with developing 508 compliant solutions
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a larger team
- Experience with Apache Web Server
- Experience with Apache Tomcat
- Experience with Eclipse
- Experience with Oracle Database
- Prior experience developing large, complex enterprise-scale Java applications is desirable.
- Experience developing using Agile methodology.
- All candidates will demonstrate strong independent problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled dates.
The candidate must be able to adapt in a rapid changing environment, a fast learner and self-starter.
- Excellent written and communication skills and can work independently and well within groups.
About TTW Solutions, Inc.
TTW Solutions, Inc. is an award-wining woman-owned and minority-owned, 8(a) and ED/WOSB small business that delivers first-rate, expert IT and Management solutions and services. At TTW Solutions, our goal is to maximize our customers’ business value and efficiency by using the most innovative and effective methods available. The services we provide include: Agile and DevSecOps Application Development, Database & Systems Administration, Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics, Cloud Migration & Implementation, Systems Integration, Data Center Consolidation, Project and Program Management, and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Support. TTW Solutions is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to our customers, and is CMMI DEV ML3 and CMMI SVC ML3 appraised and ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20000-1:2011 certified.
TTW Solutions, Inc. offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based bonuses
- Health Care Coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Contribution Matching
- Very Good Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Training and Certification Opportunities
- Transit Benefit Program
- Great Team Working and Knowledge Sharing Environment
Thank you for reviewing the job opportunity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.