Work Status: Must be allowed to work legally in the U.S.
Location: Bethesda, MD
TTW Solutions is looking for a Sr. Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to support our federal government client.
Specific Duties Include:
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring, performing daily checks, maintaining, and troubleshooting of the production, testing, and development database environments, performing database backups and recovery as required, capacity planning and performance tuning as it pertains to the Oracle Database environment to support the transactional and the data mart/warehousing environment.
- Resolve problems from the production and development environments and interact with developers and testers to resolve problems and identify system enhancements.
- Must be willing to provide off-hour support for maintenance activities or to ensure uninterrupted system operations, including weekend and late-night maintenance duties.
- Experience troubleshooting database errors and deploy quarterly or one-off Oracle patches.
- Experience installing, configuring, upgrading, tuning, and migrating Oracle Databases (11g, 12c, 19c, or 21c) on Windows and Linux/Unix.
- Familiar with setting up and administering Oracle Standby Database for DR (Disaster Recovery).
- Solid experience tuning complex SQL queries and reports as well as PL/SQL programs.
- Experience with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) backup, duplicate, and recovery scripting and operations.
- Have solid Windows batch and Unix shell scripting experience, and be familiar with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Capable of troubleshooting inter-working components and frameworks that are not performing as expected; help with end-to-end system integration and troubleshooting.
- Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years as a database administrator preferred as an Oracle DBA.
- Minimum of 5 years Oracle SQL or PL/SQL development experience.
- Must have a solid understanding and hands-on experience installing, configuring, upgrading and tuning Oracle Databases (11g, 12c, 19c, or 21c) on Windows and/or Linux/Unix.
- Possess an Oracle Certification (Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle DBA Certification, etc.).
- Experience with migrating Oracle databases to the cloud (i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS)) is preferred.
- Experience with installing/configuring/troubleshooting/tuning OBIEE reports, Informatica, Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Data Integrator or any other similar COTS products to support a data mart or data warehousing environment and developers is a major plus.
- Experience configuring/maintaining Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong independent problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled dates.
- Must be able to adapt in a rapid changing environment, a fast learner and self-starter.
- Excellent written and communication skills and can work independently and well within groups.
About TTW Solutions, Inc.
TTW Solutions is an award-winning woman-owned, minority-owned SBA certified 8(a) and EDWOSB small business that delivers first‐rate, expert IT and management solutions and services. TTW Solutions’ goal is to maximize their customers business value and efficiency by using the most innovative and effective methods available. TTW Solutions’ federal government clients include the Departments of Homeland Security, Defense, and Transportation; Environmental Protection Agency; National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; and Consumer Product Safety Commission. TTW Solutions specializes in Agile & DevSecOps Application Development, Data Management, Cloud Solutions, Cybersecurity, Biometric Services, IT Modernization, and Emerging Technologies. TTW Solutions has excellent customer ratings and is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to our customers. TTW Solutions has been assessed at CMMI DEV ML3 and CMMI SVC ML3 and is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20000-1:2011 certified. TTW Solutions also possesses a Top Secret facility clearance.
TTW Solutions, Inc. offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based bonuses
- Health Care Coverage Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Contribution Matching
- Very Good Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Training and Certification Opportunities
- Transit Benefit Program
- Great Team Working and Knowledge Sharing Environment
Thank you for reviewing the job opportunity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.