Work Status: Must be allowed to work legally in the U.S.
Location: Bethesda, MD
TTW Solutions is looking for a Business Analyst to join our team in developing and maintaining a new web application for one of our U.S. federal government clients. The candidate is responsible, as part of a team, for building an innovative J2EE web application with the team using the latest proven open source, state-of-the-art technologies in a team with full life-cycle Agile and DevOps software development activities including design, develop, test, production, and maintenance.
- Perform Business Analyst functions and interface with customers.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis of those requirements.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Work with end users to decompose requirements into meaningful specs.
- Transform standard waterfall “shall” statement requirements into more meaningful Agile “As a [user] I want to [goal] so I can [reason]” statement requirements.
- Identify and create a requirements process (for organization and gathering purposes) that can be standardized across multiple teams.
- Identify and document business process flows.
- Document detailed business rules and other tech specs that can be handed off to a developer to begin coding or testing.
- Document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Query database tables and identify the source or target for certain data elements.
- Work with the customer to sign-off on user acceptance.
- Authorized representative for the contractual, technical, and administrative performance of all services required under this contract, in the assistance and absence of the PM.
- Assist in applying common best practices for the industry to the customer using a knowledge base to create conceptual business models and to identify relevant issues and considerations in selecting application software packages.
- Assess the operational and functional baseline of an organization and its organizational components, and help to define the direction and strategy for an engagement while ensuring the organizational needs are being addressed.
- Identify information technology inadequacies and/or deficiencies that affect the functional area’s ability to support/meet organizational goals.
- Generate functional area strategies for enhanced IT operations in a cross-functional area mode throughout the organization.
- Serve as subject matter specialist providing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Assist PM as by assuming an advisory role over multiple aspects of the project
- Minimum of six (6) years hands-on implementation experience within the respective area of expertise.
- Minimally possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or in a related field.
About TTW Solutions, Inc.
TTW Solutions, Inc. is an award-wining woman-owned and minority-owned, 8(a) and ED/WOSB small business that delivers first-rate, expert IT and Management solutions and services. At TTW Solutions, our goal is to maximize our customers’ business value and efficiency by using the most innovative and effective methods available. The services we provide include: Agile and DevSecOps Application Development, Database & Systems Administration, Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics, Cloud Migration & Implementation, Systems Integration, Data Center Consolidation, Project and Program Management, and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Support. TTW Solutions is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to our customers, and is CMMI DEV ML3 and CMMI SVC ML3 appraised and ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20000-1:2011 certified.
TTW Solutions, Inc. offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based bonuses
- Health Care Coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Contribution Matching
- Very Good Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Training and Certification Opportunities
- Transit Benefit Program
- Great Team Working and Knowledge Sharing Environment
Thank you for reviewing the job opportunity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.