Work Status: Must be allowed to work legally in the U.S.
Location: Bethesda, MD
TTW Solutions is looking for a Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to support a new, custom web application development project for one of our federal government clients. The qualified candidate will join the team to build and maintain an innovative J2EE web application using the latest proven open source, state-of-the-art technologies in a team with full life-cycle software development activities including design, develop, test, production, and maintenance.
Specific Duties Include:
- The ideal candidate would evaluate, recommend, and implement manual and/or automated test tools and strategies.
- Design, implement, and conduct test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade manual and/or automated test scripts and architectures for application products.
- Write, implement, and report status for system test cases for testing.
- Analyze test cases and provide regular progress reports. Serve as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Direct and/or participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Interact with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications.
- Identify functional problems and suggests resolutions.
- Assist in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs.
- Minimum 4-6 years of hands-on experience including automated testing within the respective area of expertise.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of tasks including Agile testing.
- Must have prior experience supporting the testing for a full lifecycle development project preferably using J2EE technologies and Agile methodology and/or in a DevOps environment.
- Experience in toolsets including Microsoft .NET, SQL, Java, HTML and XML; and SQL Server, IIS, JBOSS, Pentaho/Kettle and Server Management and administration plain language and technical writing.
- Prior experience supporting testing activities in a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) using any or all of the tools: JBoss Drools, Active MQ, secure Web Services, Spring Integration, Spring Security, JQuery, and HTML5 is a plus.
- Prior experience installing, configuring, and tuning manual, automated, and/or performance/load/stress testing software.
- Able to demonstrate strong independent problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled dates.
- Must be able to adapt in a rapid changing environment, a fast learner and self-starter.
- Possess excellent written and communication skills and can work independently and well within groups.
- The candidate must minimally possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar field and have had current, hands-on information technology experience as described.
- Prior experience supporting a product safety related application associated with risk analysis and rating is a plus.
About TTW Solutions, Inc.
TTW Solutions, Inc. is an award-wining woman-owned and minority-owned, 8(a) and ED/WOSB small business that delivers first-rate, expert IT and Management solutions and services. At TTW Solutions, our goal is to maximize our customers’ business value and efficiency by using the most innovative and effective methods available. The services we provide include: Agile and DevSecOps Application Development, Database & Systems Administration, Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics, Cloud Migration & Implementation, Systems Integration, Data Center Consolidation, Project and Program Management, and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Support. TTW Solutions is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to our customers, and is CMMI DEV ML3 and CMMI SVC ML3 appraised and ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20000-1:2011 certified.
TTW Solutions, Inc. offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based bonuses
- Health Care Coverage Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Contribution Matching
- Very Good Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Training and Certification Opportunities
- Transit Benefit Program
- Great Team Working and Knowledge Sharing Environment
Thank you for reviewing the job opportunity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.